- Heritage Valley
Edmonton - Wetaskiwin
- Blackmud Creek Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Callaghan is one of the 15 neighbourhoods that make up the Heritage Valley area in southwest Edmonton. The neighbourhood’s residential areas were fully built out by 2011. The neighbourhood is bounded on the north and west by James Mowatt Trail, the south by 30th Avenue, and the east by the Blackmud Creek Ravine.
Calgary Trail, Gateway Boulevard, Ellerslie Road, Anthony Henday Drive, and Highway 2 are all within a short distance, providing accessibility to amenities in the rest of the city, such as South Edmonton Common, Rabbit Hill Snow Resort, and the Edmonton International Airport. The future Heritage Valley Town Centre is located just west of the neighbourhood, and will be the social and economic heart of Heritage Valley. The existing LRT line will expand south, adding a new station to the Town Centre.
Along with Blackmud Creek, a stormwater pond, and walking trails throughout the neighbourhood, Callaghan also has a number of parks and recreational spaces.
As with other neighbourhoods in Heritage Valley, the streets in Callaghan are named after noted Edmontonians.