- Jasper Place
- Elmwood Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Elmwood was originally part of the old Town of Jasper Place. Until its annexation by Edmonton in 1964, Jasper Place served as a residential alternative to living in the larger city. It is bounded by Whitemud Drive to the south, 170th Street to the west, 87th Avenue to the north, and 159th Street to the east.
The neighbourhood was almost entirely developed during the 1960s, and most of the structures in Elmwood are single detached houses. The schools and a small commercial site are centrally located and adjacent to the collector road. With a freeway and two major arterials forming three of Elmwood’s four borders, residents have good access to destinations in the city’s west end. The Misericordia Hospital and West Edmonton Mall are immediately located to Elmwood’s north and northwest.
The neighbourhood was once called West Lynnwood. In the 1910s, the western portion of Elmwood was named Eureka.