Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Ambleside is located within the Windermere Area Structure Plan (ASP) in southwest Edmonton. The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by Anthony Henday Drive, on the south by Ellerslie Road, on the west by 170th Street/Terwillegar Drive, and on the east by 141st Street.
The neighbourhood has a variety of single- and multi-family residential housing. Housing construction has increased in recent years, and Ambleside now has a mix of single-family homes, duplexes, and condominium complexes. Low-density housing (single and semi-detached) accounts for approximately 55 percent of all residential buildings, medium-density housing (row and low-rise) accounts for 30 percent, and 15 percent is high-density housing (medium- and high-rise).
The landscaped 9.8-acre central park has a walkway system, connecting residents to parks, storm ponds, the future school/park site, a natural treed area, adjacent neighbourhoods, and retail options. Three golf courses are located near the community as well.
The Currents of Windermere shopping centre is located on Ambleside’s north side. Amenities in Terwillegar and Riverbend include shopping, schools, churches, dental and medical services, and recreation facilities. With the opening of the Leger Transit Centre, two Park ‘n’ Rides planned for future development, and bus routes to the LRT mainline at Century Park Station, transit options provide ready access to the rest of Edmonton.