- West Jasper Place
- Summerlea Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Summerlea is located west of 170th Street and south of 95th Avenue. Development began in the 1970s, and the residential component of the neighbourhood was originally intended to be comparable to adjacent neighbourhoods in size, shape, form, and density. Summerlea’s development, however, has been heavily influenced by the presence of West Edmonton Mall, one of Edmonton’s major attractions, over the years. The phased expansion of the mall has significantly reduced the area available for residential development.
The existing residential area is a mix of single-detached and multi-family residences, and most homes were built in the late 1970s and into the 1980s. Construction of a small number of new residential units has been fairly constant, however, and has continued into the 2000s. Single- and semi-detached homes account for less than 40 percent of all residential units in the neighbourhood, and low-rise apartments account for the majority of housing units.
Proximity to the Mall provides Summerlea residents and tourists alike with an excellent variety of shopping, entertainment, and service amenities. The residential component of the neighbourhood, located in the northern third of Summerlea, includes a large park around which internal streets are oriented.
Named for a summertime meadow, Summerlea appropriately has a large amount of parkland.