- Ellerslie / Summerside
Edmonton - Wetaskiwin
- Summerside Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Previously used for agricultural purposes, the Walker neighbourhood is located in the Ellerslie and Summerside area in southeast Edmonton. It is being developed according to the Walker Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) adopted in 2007. The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by Ellerslie Road, on the south by the future extension of 25th Avenue, on the east by 50th Street, and on the west by 66th Street.
Residential distribution is approximately 50 percent low-density, 45 percent medium-density (row and low-rise), and 5 percent high-density housing. Multi-use trails connect a district park, school/park sites, and a commercial area. Walker is located near several fitness and recreation options, including Gateway Rec Centre, Mill Woods Rec Centre, Pioneer Meadows Golf Course, and Mill Woods Campus Park. An elementary/junior high school and a K–9 school are located in adjacent neighbourhoods, as are dining options, medical and dental clinics, and other services.
With its close proximity to Anthony Henday Drive, Walker residents have easy access to amenities throughout the city, such as South Edmonton Common, Southgate Centre, Mill Woods Town Centre, and Millbourne Market Mall. Public transit routes will run through the neighbourhood as development continues, enabled by the planned transit station.