- Edgemont / Rural West
Data was last updated:
Community Scores i
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
About The Uplands
The Uplands is located in southwest Edmonton in the Riverview area, also known as Rural West. It is bounded by the Edgemont neighbourhood and Anthony Henday Drive to the north, the Grandisle neighbourhood to the south, Maskêkosihk Trail to the south and east, and 215 Street (Winterburn Road) to the west. The ongoing development of The Uplands is guided by the Uplands Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP), which was approved in 2015 and amended in 2019. There are residential areas under construction on either side of 199 Street, which contain row housing and single-family homes in modern architectural styles. The western side contains a stormwater pond and a trail network with treed green space and a ravine. Additional green spaces, ponds, and parks are also planned. The Uplands is planned to include community commercial and business employment space. In the meantime, nearby amenities include the Currents at Windermere shopping centre and the Windermere Golf & Country Club. The community will eventually be served by a planned transit centre, but there is currently no transit service between The Uplands and the rest of Edmonton. However, residents can reach the city via the nearby Anthony Henday Drive.