Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Idylwylde was first subdivided and named in 1914. The neighbourhood is bounded on four sides by major roadways, and, as with other areas developed during the 1950s, the neighbourhood’s street network is based on a modified grid pattern. This arrangement keeps the interior of the neighbourhood, which is predominantly single-family homes, fairly quiet.
Several apartment buildings, a high school, and some commercial land uses are located along the neighbourhood’s boundaries. Idylwylde features two parks, two schools, and several religious assemblies. The neighbourhood is within an accessible distance of the Mill Creek Ravine, which is located west of the adjacent Bonnie Doon neighbourhood.
Residents have easy access to shopping opportunities at Bonnie Doon Mall, located just west of the neighbourhood, and are within fairly close proximity to the Whyte Avenue commercial area located along 82nd Avenue.
The neighbourhood name was likely derived from “idyll,” which refers to a short poem describing a simple country life.