Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Kernohan is located south of 137th Avenue and east of Victoria Trail. The area was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1961 and became part of the Clareview district in 1972. Much of the residential land in Kernohan was developed during the 1970s, when Edmonton was experiencing an oil-driven economic boom.
Multi-unit housing is an integral part of the neighbourhood and residences located along Victoria Trail. Approximately one-third of the dwelling units in the neighbourhood are in row housing structures. Kernohan Park and Ann Fitzgerald Catholic Elementary School are located at the centre of the neighbourhood. The North Saskatchewan River valley forms Kernohan's eastern boundary, and the Kennedale Ravine forms the southern boundary. These provide local residents with access to natural park systems.
Kernohan is named after James Kernohan, who was an early pioneer farmer and coal miner. In 1884, Kernohan came with his family to Alberta from Ontario. He operated a grocery store from 1884 to 1899.