Edmonton - Centre
- Laurier Heights Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
About Laurier Heights
Laurier Heights is located in west Edmonton. The neighbourhood is bounded to the north by 87th Avenue and Buena Vista Road, the west by 149th Street, the south by Whitemud Drive, and the east by the North Saskatchewan River valley.
Laurier Heights was one of the first residential neighbourhoods built with the curvilinear street pattern. Residential land use consists almost primarily of single-detached dwellings, but over 20 percent of units within the neighbourhood are located in low-rise apartment buildings. The neighbourhood features many homes with a scenic view of the river valley.
A centrally located school and park site form a focal point within the interior of the community. A park located by 78th Avenue and 141st Street is named after Wildred Gilroy Webb (1885–1961), an early pioneer. The City’s Valley Zoo and recreational area, a popular attraction for children and adults alike, is located in the adjacent river valley.
Laurier Heights has a small shopping centre, which provides various services to residents in the neighbourhood. 149th Street provides residents with easy access to Whitemud Drive (east–west) and other amenities north of the neighbourhood.