- Northmount Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
The Northmount neighbourhood is located in north-central Edmonton and is surrounded on all sides by residential neighbourhoods, including the newly redeveloping Griesbach neighbourhood to the west. Northmount is bounded by 144th Avenue to the north, 82nd Street to the east, 137th Avenue to the south, and 97th Street to the west.
The neighbourhood design is based on a modified grid pattern and features a distinct separation on land uses. Northmount is dominated by three large land use groups. Residential land accounts for almost 70 percent of Northmount’s property area, and most of these properties were developed during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The main residential structure type is the single-detached house, which is the source of nearly 70 percent of the neighbourhood’s dwelling units.
Three schools, a large park, community league facilities, and the Dickensfield Extended Care Hospital account for all institutional land within the neighbourhood, which is the second-largest land use group in Northmount.
Commercial land use makes up the final third of the total land area in Northmount. The Northmount Town Centre, with its newly renovated 270,000 square feet of commercial space, is located in the southwest corner of the neighbourhood and provides residents with local access to shopping and services. Connections with major arterial roadways, particularly 137th Avenue and 97th Street, provide residents of Northmount good access to amenity and employment areas throughout the northern and central parts of the city.