- Castle Downs / The Palisades
- Lorelei/Beaumaris Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
During the oil-driven economic boom of the 1970s, Edmonton expanded its boundaries to accommodate a steady population growth. In 1971, the City of Edmonton annexed the entire Castle Downs and Lake District areas. Development of the neighbourhoods in the Castle Downs area began shortly after the land was subdivided, and construction continued into the 1980s.
Beaumaris is located between 97th Street and Castle Downs Road, and between 153rd Avenue and 160th Avenue. Beaumaris Road, which runs down the centre of the neighbourhood, turns to become the boundary between Beaumaris and Lorelei in the northwest end of the neighbourhood.
Lake Beaumaris Mall, located in the southeast corner of the neighbourhood on Castle Downs Road, offers a good variety of commercial services to Beaumaris and surrounding areas. On the west end of the neighbourhood is a large park that provides excellent recreational opportunities to nearby residents.
Like adjacent neighbourhoods, Beaumaris was named by the developer of the Castle Downs area. The intent was to name the subdivisions and neighbourhoods after famous castles. Beaumaris is a famous castle in Wales. The castle theme is echoed by the design of the neighbourhood. An illusion of a keep (fortress castle) and moat are created by the houses enclosed by Castle Keep and Beaumaris Lake.