- West Jasper Place
- Lessard Community League
Data was last updated:
Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Gariepy extends from Callingwood Road to the North Saskatchewan River Valley, and from 178th Street to 170th Street. The neighbourhood's development occurred in the 1970s and early 1980s. Located along the North Saskatchewan River Valley and designed to incorporate natural features within the neighbourhood itself, Gariepy provides residents with excellent access to open space amenities. They also have scenic views of Terwillegar Park in the valley.
Gariepy was designed with keyhole crescents and curvilinear roads. The design objective was to provide for efficient traffic flow to and from the neighbourhood. A number of strategically placed pathways promote pedestrian travel through the neighbourhood.
There are commercial services available at Lessard Mall, located at 172nd Street and Callingwood Road. Residents of Gariepy are also a short drive from a wider variety of commercial facilities available at West Edmonton Mall. The community’s educational and recreation facilities are located at the centre of the neighbourhood. Adjacent to the neighbourhood is the Edmonton Country Club, a private golf course.
Gariepy was named in honour of Joseph Hormisdas Gariepy, an early pioneer merchant.