Add to Favourites

LoreleiCastle Downs / The Palisades, Edmonton, Alberta

Previous
Photo of Lorelei
Next
Community Details
Zone:
Castle Downs / The Palisades
Councillor:
Dave Loken
Ward 3
MLA:
Nicole Goehring
Edmonton-Castle Downs
MP:
Ziad Aboultaif
Edmonton Manning
League:
Lorelei/Beaumaris Community League
Community Scores i

Community Scores

Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.

  • A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
  • A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
  • A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
  • A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
  • A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
Real Estate:
3 / 5
Family:
5 / 5
Safety Services:
3 / 5
Recreation:
3 / 5
Lifestyle:
3 / 5
$302,000 Average Listing Pricei

Average Listing Price

"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.

$81,000 Average Household Income
Population 4,027
Age 0 – 20:
28%
Age 21 – 40:
28%
Age 41 – 60:
27%
Age 61 – 80:
15%
Above 81:
1%
1,329 Properties
Owned
69%
Rented
31%

About Lorelei

Lorelei is located in north Edmonton. It is bounded to the north and west by Castle Downs Road, the east by 97th Street, and the south by Beaumaris Road and 160th Avenue.

During the oil-driven economic boom of the 1970s, Edmonton expanded its boundaries to accommodate a steady population growth. In 1971, the City of Edmonton annexed the entire Castle Downs and Lake District area. Development of neighbourhoods in the Castle Downs area began shortly after the land was subdivided, and construction continued into the 1980s. The neighbourhood outline plan for Lorelei was approved in 1975.

Today, Lorelei is a fully developed neighbourhood with a variety of housing types. Single-family homes comprise approximately 57 percent of all housing, while the remaining 43 percent is comprised of row houses, low-rise apartments, and duplexes.

One of the more prominent features of the neighbourhood is a large recreational open space located around Lorelei’s two elementary schools. A number of strategically placed pathways promote pedestrian and bicycle travel through the neighbourhood.

Castle Downs Shopping Centre, located at 108th Street and Castle Downs Road, provides commercial services to area residents. Connection with 97th Street on the eastern boundary of the neighbourhood provides residents with good access to a variety of locations in the city. Residents can also access Edmonton's downtown via 97th Street.

The Castle Downs area was named by the developer, who named the subdivision and neighbourhoods after famous castles. Lorelei is named after a historical castle site located on the Rhine, a river in Germany.

Homes for Sale in Lorelei

Photo Gallery