Add to Favourites

WestridgeJasper Place, Edmonton, Alberta

Previous
Photo of Westridge
Next
Community Details
Zone:
Jasper Place
Councillor:
Michael Oshry
Ward 5
MLA:
Lorne Dach
Edmonton-McClung
MP:
Kelly McCauley
Edmonton West
League:
Westridge/Wolf Willow/Country Club Community League
Community Scores i

Community Scores

Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.

  • A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
  • A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
  • A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
  • A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
  • A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
Real Estate:
2 / 5
Family:
4 / 5
Safety Services:
4 / 5
Recreation:
3 / 5
Lifestyle:
3 / 5
$471,000 Average Listing Pricei

Average Listing Price

"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.

$195,000 Average Household Income
Population 1,327
Age 0 – 20:
24%
Age 21 – 40:
19%
Age 41 – 60:
32%
Age 61 – 80:
23%
Above 81:
2%
472 Properties
Owned
99%
Rented
1%

About Westridge

Westridge is a long, narrow neighbourhood extending into the North Saskatchewan River Valley. Patricia Ravine is to the north, and Wolf Willow Ravine is to the south. Proximity to and integration with these two ravines is one of the defining features of the neighbourhood, and residents enjoy excellent access to the natural beauty and recreational amenity of the North Saskatchewan River Valley system. Located just south of Whitemud Drive, the western boundary of the neighbourhood is 170th Street, which also provides the only entrance point into the neighbourhood.

Long curvilinear roads and quiet keyhole crescents provide local residents with efficient interior traffic flow while minimizing the hazardous effects of traffic on residential roads. A number of strategically placed pathways promote pedestrian travel through the neighbourhood. The majority of development in Westridge occurred during the 1970s. Single-family houses are the dominant structure type and account for 96 percent of the total dwelling units. A limited number of homes in row houses make up the remaining 4 percent of dwelling units within the neighbourhood.

The 5.4-hectare Westridge Park is located in the centre of the neighbourhood, providing a large open space for recreational activities, and while the community has no school on that site, residents are well served by schools in surrounding communities. Westridge Park and a community league are centrally located in the neighbourhood.

Prior to urban development, the Westridge area was home to Wolf Willow Farm, after which the main collector road that runs through the neighbourhood was named. To further honour the former farm, all of the street names in the neighbourhood begin with the letter W, and many incorporate “wolf” or “willow.”

Homes for Sale in Westridge

Photo Gallery