Add to Favourites

Michaels ParkMillwoods, Edmonton, Alberta

Previous
Photo of Michaels Park
Next
Community Details
Zone:
Millwoods
Councillor:
Mike Nickel
Ward 11
MLA:
Christina Gray
Edmonton-Mill Woods
MP:
Amarjeet Sohi
Edmonton Mill Woods
League:
North Millbourne Community League
Community Scores i

Community Scores

Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.

  • A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
  • A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
  • A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
  • A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
  • A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
Real Estate:
2 / 5
Family:
5 / 5
Safety Services:
2 / 5
Recreation:
3 / 5
Lifestyle:
4 / 5
$310,000 Average Listing Pricei

Average Listing Price

"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.

$82,000 Average Household Income
Population 2,201
Age 0 – 20:
26%
Age 21 – 40:
28%
Age 41 – 60:
30%
Age 61 – 80:
15%
Above 81:
1%
800 Properties
Owned
76%
Rented
24%

About Michaels Park

Michaels Park is one of the 27 neighbourhoods that make up Mill Woods. The Mill Woods land bank was assembled in 1970 by the Government of Alberta because of concern over the rising cost of serviced residential land in the Edmonton area. Mill Woods was named for Mill Creek, which crossed it, and the groves of Parkland forest trees that stood there.

By 1971, a development plan had been prepared by the City of Edmonton. The City began to purchase the land, subdivide it, and sell residential and commercial building lots. Residential development in Michaels Park began in 1973 and was essentially completed by the end of the decade.

The housing mix in Michaels Park reflects the “compact development” philosophy of early Mill Woods development. Approximately 54 percent of residences are single-family homes. The remaining 46 percent consists of low-rise apartments, duplexes, and row housing.

The neighbourhood is bounded by arterial and collector roadways. Another collector road and bus route, Millbourne Road East, bisects it. Interior streets follow curvilinear and cul-de-sac patterns. A number of strategically placed pathways, including a pipeline right-of-way, promote pedestrian and bicycle travel within the neighbourhood.

At the centre of Michaels Park is a multi-purpose open space and recreational area, which was deemed surplus to school needs in 2008 and will be redeveloped as low- to medium-density housing as part of the City of Edmonton’s first-time homebuyers' program. Michaels Park, together with three adjoining neighbourhoods, is part of the Millbourne Community, which has a community-level shopping facility at the centre. Directly east of the neighbourhood is the Mill Woods Golf Course.

The residents of Michaels Park are served by the Millbourne Shopping Centre and a number of businesses off 66th Street south of Whitemud Drive, as well as the health services, commercial, recreational, and educational facilities of the Mill Woods Town Centre.

Michaels Park was named in honour of John Michaels, who was involved in community service for 50 years and was best known for his promotion of aviation and the north country.

Homes for Sale in Michaels Park

Photo Gallery