Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
The Bellevue neighbourhood has existed since at least 1907. With an approximate gross area of 50 hectares, Bellevue is well below the size of the average Edmonton neighbourhood. At one time, before the construction of the Capilano Freeway (now Wayne Gretzky Drive), the neighbourhood was considerably larger.
Today, Bellevue is bounded by the freeway and 118th Avenue to the west and north, and the river valley and a rather quiet residential street to the south and east. Edmonton Northlands is located to the east, on the other side of the freeway, and the quiet residential Highlands neighbourhood is located to the west.
The majority of development occurred prior to 1950 and takes the form of single-family housing. A dominant feature of the neighbourhood is Eastglen High School, which serves students within east central Edmonton.
Perhaps with reference to the French term for “beautiful view,” Bellevue sits atop the banks of the North Saskatchewan River and benefits from an excellent vista of the river valley and the city’s downtown skyline.