Add to Favourites

LansdowneStrathcona / Southgate, Edmonton, Alberta

Previous
Photo of Lansdowne
Next
Community Details
Zone:
Strathcona / Southgate
Councillor:
Michael Walters
Ward 10
MLA:
Lori Sigurdson
Edmonton-Riverview
MP:
Linda Duncan
Edmonton Strathcona
League:
Lansdowne Community League
Community Scores i

Community Scores

Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.

  • A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
  • A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
  • A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
  • A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
  • A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
Real Estate:
2 / 5
Family:
3 / 5
Safety Services:
3 / 5
Recreation:
3 / 5
Lifestyle:
3 / 5
$620,000 Average Listing Pricei

Average Listing Price

"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.

$116,000 Average Household Income
Population 1,214
Age 0 – 20:
24%
Age 21 – 40:
26%
Age 41 – 60:
29%
Age 61 – 80:
19%
Above 81:
2%
486 Properties
Owned
56%
Rented
44%

About Lansdowne

Lansdowne was developed on land annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1960. The neighbourhood was developed throughout the 1960s and was nearly complete within the decade.

Approximately 64 percent of Lansdowne residences are single-detached homes on above average-sized lots. The remaining 36 percent of homes are low- and high-rise apartment buildings located in the southeast and northeast corners of the neighbourhood.

The focus of the neighbourhood is a multi-purpose educational and recreational site with nearby transit routes. Strategically placed paths and the grassy open space of a pipeline right-of-way promote pedestrian and bicycle travel through the neighbourhood. Bicycle paths also run through the eastern portion of the nearby University of Alberta farm fields. To the west, Whitemud Creek Ravine offers a natural woodland habitat, a skiing and recreational facility, and access to river valley park trails.

Residents are served by businesses located in the Lansdowne Shopping Centre. A wider range of goods and services is available at the nearby Southgate Centre. Neighbourhood residents also have good road access to other shopping and employment destinations via 122nd Street and Whitemud Drive.

Lansdowne was named in honour of the Earl of Lansdowne, the Governor-General of Canada from 1883 to 1888.

Homes for Sale in Lansdowne

Photo Gallery