Community scores operate on a 1–5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. All results are based on statistics from MLS®, the City of Edmonton Open Data Catalogue, and other sources.
- A high Homes score means you’ll find a lot of available real estate listings in that neighbourhood.
- A high Family score means you’ll be close to schools and playgrounds, and everything is within walking and transit distance.
- A high Safety score means bylaw violations and traffic accident rates are low, and you’ll be close to emergency services.
- A high Recreation score means you’ll be close to sports and recreation areas.
- A high Lifestyle score means you’ll be close to shopping and entertainment.
- Real Estate:
- Safety Services:
Average Listing Price
"Average Listing Price" is the average list price of all residential properties listed on the MLS® System in a given neighbourhood and includes condominiums, townhomes and single family detached homes. This is a market figure only and variations may not indicate a change in the price for any particular property.
Laurel is located in The Meadows in southeast Edmonton. It was established in 2007 through the adoption of the Laurel Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP). The neighbourhood is bounded by 34th Street to the west, Anthony Henday Drive to the south, 23rd Avenue to the north, and 17th Street to the east.
Sherwood Park and Beaumont are within easy driving distance. Laurel is close to a number of amenities in South Edmonton Common, Mill Woods Town Centre, and Rio-Can Meadows. The Meadows Community Recreation Centre is scheduled to open in 2014. Residents have access to fitness, banking, and retail options, as well as the Edmonton Public Library and Grey Nuns Hospital. The Meadows Transit Centre connects Laurel to the rest of the city and will provide greater convenience when the LRT line extension is complete.